During the entire construction process, your partnership with the design-build contractor should be seamless and trusting. But before anything commences, you might have your own set of worries and doubts plaguing you. It’s your house and money on the line, after all. The intricate construction process can go downhill if your contractor does not have an adequate understanding or experience of the same. The company culture, ethics and services also come into play if you are looking for design-builders. This is why asking the right questions is rather important to ensure your project is in trustworthy hands.
When Hiring the Contractor
You would need a top-of-the-line contractor that understands design-build inside out. The years of experience and knowledge also matter significantly. Here are some questions that a good contractor will be able to answer.
- Do you have at least five references, and can you give their contact information?
- Who would be directly involved in the project from the company, and will I be working with them closely? How experienced are they?
- Do you have any portfolios that you can show me?
- When does the builder join the work and how does the contract work?
- What is the core value of your company and how is it effective in the project?
- How do you tackle obstacles or setbacks?
- What type of artistic creativity can you bring to the project?
- Is my project idea feasible within the type of project I want to build?
- Will the construction come with warranties?
- Is your construction efficient and green?
- How do you handle permits?
During the Construction
The main process requires absolute attention, detailing, paperwork and other factors to make your project successful. Here are a few questions to ask your contractor about their process.
Being a design-build firm, how do you coordinate with the architects, engineers and other contractors involved?
- Do you already have an assembled team for the project, or do you have a different one for different projects?
- Are your material providers trustworthy?
- How do you rectify any loopholes during the construction process?
- Can you stick to the schedule for each task? What happens when there is a delay?
- How do you fare well during an emergency construction situation when a client demands one?
- How do you communicate with a client throughout the construction process? Do you keep things transparent with them right from the beginning to the end?
- Can you give me a detailed description of the steps you take in construction right from start to end?
- How do you ensure safety protocols on-site for your employees and visitors alike?
- How do you implement greener aspects for the construction? What do you do with the waste material that accumulates during the process?
- Do you perform any hazard assessments? What are they?
- What type of paperwork do I have to handle and how much can you help me with it?
After the Construction
Once the construction is complete, there are still a few things that your design-builder needs to answer.
- What care do I need to take for the new property?
- What kind of paperwork does your firm provide that adheres to government protocols?
- Can you mention warranties in detail?
- How can you manage an expansion project with the property in the future?
ACI Homes and MR Engineering bring you a collaborative approach to your design-build project. We ensure every one of your queries is answered and there is no doubt in your mind about the same. We walk the talk and provide you with immaculate results for your property. Contact us today.